Accessibility Statement for Open eLMS
This is an accessibility statement from Open eLMS Ltd which applies to the Open eLMS suite of products, namely:
- Open eLMS
- Open eLMS Forms
- Open eLMS Bespoke
- Open eLMS Catalogue
- Open eLMS Creator
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the Open eLMS LMS using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the Open eLMS LMS using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the Open eLMS LMS using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- used ergonomic design to enhance the user friendliness of the learning experience
- and we’ve also made the Open eLMS LMS text as simple as possible to understand.
Measures to support accessibility
Open eLMS Ltd. takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Open eLMS:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Open eLMS will work with any modern browser and operating system (last 3 years) with a variety of assistive technology plugins. Accessibility of Open eLMS relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
How Accessible is Open eLMS
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text in all text boxes (only comment boxes)
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- embedded video will in some cases not have captions (either on screen or CC)
- Configuration/branding options in Open eLMS may take the system away from AA standards: Examples include loading in background branded images which cause AA failures due to contrast. because We cannot ensure the quality of contributions by users and sometimes client needs override accessibility. We provide guidance where this occurs. Please report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org and the design team will advise on a solution, else switch on the Accessibility mode in configuration settings.
- Course creation with Open eLMS Creator: User generated content will not always be accessible because Users do not add alt text etc. Providing guidance on how to make accessible elearning – elearning courses on course creation are being refreshed. Make use of Open eLMS Creator accessibility tools.
- Content library needs updating with accessibility additions: Not all course images etc have alt text added because Courses have been built over the last 15 years and some need updating with accessibility features. Refreshing the Open eLMS Catalogue of courses. Course updates will be released and updated soon.
Feedback and Contact Information
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Open eLMS. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Open eLMS:
- Phone: +44 (0)203 929 2051
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX
We try to respond to feedback within 4 hours.
Reporting Accessibility Problems
We encourage all clients to report any non-conformities should they find them.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
- Open eLMS Learning Management System (including Open eLMS Forms) is fully compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AA standard. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
- Open eLMS Bespoke elearning is fully compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AA standard.
- Open eLMS Catalogue elearning is partially compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AA standard due to some legacy courses have not been fully adapted but the majority of elearning does have alt tags etc to enable full AA conformity.
- Open eLMS Creator is not compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AA due to this being a limited use, back-end tool; efforts made to audit conformity are considered uneconomic at the current time.
Non-Compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
Content that’s not within the Scope of the Accessibility Regulations
What We’re Doing to Improve Accessibility
There are no immediate plans to audit Open eLMS Creator although this is under regular review.
Open eLMS Ltd assessed the accessibility of Open eLMS by the following approaches:
- A bi-annual audit is carried out on the system Issues are rectified and then the system is immediately audited again to confirm compliance. The accessibility audit is a key asset in the company’s asset register, which insures that this process is repeated at the predefined 6 monthly internal. A copy of the last successful audit audit is available upon request.
- External annual accessibility audit by Ten10. A copy of the last successful audit audit is available upon request.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 June 2022. It was last reviewed on 23 June 2022.
Open eLMS was last tested on 13th April 2022. The test was carried out by Ten10.
The test applied to the entire website on mobile and desktop devices.
This statement was last updated on 23 June 2022