What information do we collect on the App?
We collect information when registering on the app, this involves the following Personal Identifying Information (PII):
- Emil address
- First name
- Last name
What do we use your information for?
This information is used to personalize your experience when using the Open eLMS app and the email address to allow the system to send notifications when learning is due to allow managers to contact learners and information regarding accessing learning.
Do we share this information?
This information is not shared with any parties, it’s sole use if for the operation of the Open eLMS App.
Where do we store your information?
Data storage is provided by Microsoft Azure and is stored in London (Primary) and Cardiff (Secondary) in the UK.
Is the data handled securely?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Open eLMS is an ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus certficate holder, as such you can be assured of the secure handling of data.
How long do we retain data and what is the deletion policy?
All data is held on Open eLMS servers for 6 years prior to deletion, unless the app is used by an existing customer where data is held in accordance with client wishes.
When data is removed, this includes all data from servers – including the permanent deletion of all company records including database(s), application files and file uploads committed to the web server. This should also be carried out within 28 days of the cessation of service.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Subject Access Requests
Information kept on any subject will be provided in the response to any subject access request in a machine readable form within 30 days. This will be in xml or csv formats and contain all personal data and information concerning any occasions when that data was transferred to any third party (such as trusted parties or assist us in operating our website who have agreed to keep any information confidential.)
Your Choices and rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below. Depending on applicable law, these rights may include:
- obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you (please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information. In particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege will not be disclosed other than to our client and as authorised by our client.);
- requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- in some circumstances, receiving some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that we transmit that information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided to us;
- withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so; and
- lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- we can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
- in certain jurisdictions like France, you have the right to provide directives on the processing of your personal data after your death.
This policy was last modified on 1st August 2023.
Open eLMS Ltd.
Kemp House, 124 City Rd, London, EC1V 2NX
+44 (0)203 929 2051